The WordPress Vulnerability report is as follows.
WordPress News :
1. Instagram bug opened a path for hackers to hijack app, turn smartphones into spies
- Facebook has patched a critical vulnerability in Instagram that could lead to remote code execution and the hijack of smartphone cameras, microphones, and more.
- Privately disclosed to Facebook, the owner of Instagram, by Check Point, the security flaw is described as “a critical vulnerability in Instagram’s image processing.”
2. Evasive Malware Threats on the Rise Despite Decline in Overall Attacks
- Interestingly, the increase in this form of malware, which circumvents anti-virus signatures, has come as overall malware detections fell by 8% compared to Q1. WatchGuard attributes this reduction to the rise in remote working brought about by COVID-19, as less employees are operating behind corporate network perimeters.
It is crucial to the security of your WordPress site that you have an update routine.
You should be logging into your sites at least once a week to perform updates.